Re: [opensuse] Please put DVDs on FTP
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 00:18:48 +0200 (CEST)

The Sunday 2008-05-04 at 17:58 -0400, Larry Stotler wrote:

Then I would go somewhere else. Bittorrent can be a good thing IF
people seed. When they don't, then it's useless. And, some FTP
programs can resume in case of interuption. IIRC, there's an addon to
Firefox that will do just that.

Any good ftp client will do that. But none will ensure full data integrity (that's why we have to checksum it) and none will reconstruct a bad download, whereas a good bitttorrent client will do both things.

Plus, with all the ISPs acting like bittorrent is ONLY for stealing
copyrighted material and trottling it(which may or not be the case
with my verizon connection), it's just too much of a hassle.

That's true, unfortunately.

You may use metalinks, though.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.