Re: [opensuse] Please put DVDs on FTP
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 15:34:10 -0400
Bob Williams wrote:
On Saturday 03 May 2008 18:58:36 Larry Stotler wrote:
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is your BitTorrent client configured right? Have you forwarded the
ports in your firewall? Does your ISP throttle torrent traffic?
I just queued up the PPC torrent and it's coming in at over
200kbps... actually faster than the 32 and 64 bit ISOs.
Yes, it has picked up to about 60+ now, but that's because there are
now 2 people seeding with 100% of the file. When I sent the original
message, that was not the case.

I do wish people would leave their torrent software running after they've reached 100%. Yes, I know some of you do, it's the others I'm talking to :)

Yeah, I always do... throttled back severely, but high enough
to keep my share ratio above 1.0 -- if anything, to have good
stats for the next time I have to download something (since
the scheduler algorithms favor those who provide as much or
more than they recieve).