Re: [opensuse] something like skype, but secure?
  • From: "Peter J. P-N" <nospam@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 11:43:52 +0200
Wolfgang Rosenauer schrieb:

So, I use skype, it work ok for me ... but I run it from a virtual
machine, which is set only for this purpose, w/o access to any of my
files.

So all is fine, isn't it? ;-)

Not really. As Benji stated there is SIP, which combined with a proper
router and a DECT phone is way more comfortable for me at lower costs
and better voice quality than skype. There is also gpl'ed wengophone if
a IP2IP connection or webcam is needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WengoPhone
http://www.openwengo.org/

For SIP on a computer I use twinkle.

I don't see any particular reason for using skype.

--
All the best, Peter J. P-N.
aedon DESIGNS >> http://www.aedon.selfip.com/