Re: [opensuse] something like skype, but secure?
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 12:12:47 -0700
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Mark Goldstein
<goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 7:52 PM, Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's not that I fear somebody could crack Skype protocoll, it's that
Skype is
> owned by ebay and installing software from ebay on my computer is like
> installing software from M$.

I can understand this. In my case I started using Skype before e-bay
bought them and got used to it. I can only add that it worked quite
well for me, so I am not going to get rid of it just because it's
closed source.
But if one day I'll see e-bay ads there, I'll start searching for
replacement.

More likely you will see ebay sell skype. Google is rumored to be interested.