Re: [opensuse] USB PC Camera install
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 19:35:17 +0700
On Saturday 03 May 2008, Sylvester Lykkehus wrote:
On -28158-12-23 20:59, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Got a USB PC camera which I would like to use with Skype.
It was a cheapy and I found not very much on google about drivers to be
used. The camera, 0c45:613e microdia cam, should work with the sn9c102

Just some info which might be of interest;
The SN9C1xx driver in the kernel comes from
http://www.linux-projects.org/modules/news/
The SN9Cxxx driver from the same place is proprietary and released only
as binary-only time-limited trial version for Ubuntu.

There is a new open-source driver in the works, which aims to support
all SN9Cxxx webcams. It already works very well for my SN9C201 microdia
cam, and the project is very active.

If you would like to help out by providing information or developing, or
just want to take a look, visit http://groups.google.com/group/microdia/

Dear Sylvester,

That was indeed very helpful. As a matter of fact I am already since months
looking for the camera software and this list gave me some more useful
information. What I need is the sn9c120 which I found out is found in the new
sn9c1xx-1.48. Downloaded the tar.gz and will have look how to get it into the
kernel. How could I find out which version is included in the kernel version
I am using? 2.6.22.17.01-default. Is there a kernel in the suse community
with the updated sn9c1xx part included?