Re: [opensuse] Speech-to-Text
  • From: Rikard Johnels <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 09:45:52 +0200
On Wednesday 30 April 2008 23:37, Donald D Henson wrote:
Does anyone know of an Open Source application to accept continuous
speech and convert it to text? I've found a couple of proprietary apps
but you have to use Voice mail as an input. Any suggestions appreciated.

Don Henson

A few years back there was something called ViaVioce from IBM (i think)
I never got that to work, and as far as i know its been discontinued for
ages...
I havent seen any speech-to-text utilities for linux, nor for windows too for
that matter.
The last time i saw it was on my brothers Amiga way back in the early days.
He actually had it responding to voicecommands.
And there was also a simple voicerecognition software bundled with a
SoundBlaster sound card at one point. But that vas a very long time ago.

I too would love to have speech-to-text, as i am LOUSY at speed typing, and as
i sometimes tell short stories to my friends, it would be heaven to be able
to get them into printed matter...

< Previous Next >