Re: [opensuse] howto Change IMAPS port?
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 00:43:25 -0400
David C. Rankin wrote:
Listmates,

Another weird question. How do you change the port for UW imap? I have 2 boxes, both mail servers, and I want to configure the second to allow imap access over port 983 instead of 993. So far I have changed /etc/c-client.cf and added:

imap-port 983

This is specified in the UW doc imaprc.txt.

Next, I have configured /etc/xinetd.d/imap as:

service imaps
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
port = 983
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/imapd
flags = IPv4
}

Yes, I even did the rcxinetd restart. Still no joy. Does anyone else know what else I have to change?

Don't know...

But when you get done, can you list ALL the files you
had to manipulate?

This would be very useful for anyone who might want to
build an automated tool to do this sort of thing.