[opensuse] howto Change IMAPS port?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 23:29:23 -0500
Listmates,

Another weird question. How do you change the port for UW imap? I have 2 boxes, both mail servers, and I want to configure the second to allow imap access over port 983 instead of 993. So far I have changed /etc/c-client.cf and added:

imap-port 983

This is specified in the UW doc imaprc.txt.

Next, I have configured /etc/xinetd.d/imap as:

service imaps
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
port = 983
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/imapd
flags = IPv4
}

Yes, I even did the rcxinetd restart. Still no joy. Does anyone else know what else I have to change?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC