[opensuse] Different Drivers for Intel Graphic Card
  • From: "Chee How Chua" <chuacheehow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 11:45:01 +0800
Hi,

I've installed openSUSE 10.3 on a system with the following graphic
card (output from lspci -v):

VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML
Express Graphics Controller

With 10.3, xorg.conf shows that the driver is "Intel".

I later then installed SLED10 SP1. xorg.conf shows that the driver is "i810".

With the "Intel" driver, I'm able to get the resolution suitable for
the screen. But with "i810", I'm unable to get the same resolution.

Can anybody advise on how I can get the "Intel" driver onto the SLED10
SP1 installation?

Thanks.

P.S. I would stick with 10.3 if I could but I need to use SLED because
the antivirus program that has to be installed is certified with SLED,
not openSUSE.