Re: [opensuse] recursively chmod files only
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 20:56:20 +0200 (CEST)
Scott, Roger:

Thank you for the really quick answers.

Impossible. You cannot both keep and remove write
permissions on the
same thing. I suspect you mean something slightly different?

I might have not made it clear. I want to remove the write
permissons of the directories and keep it for the files.

Remove write from files but keep it for directories.
starting in the
current directory:

find . -type f -exec chmod a-w {} \;

This is what I need, I guess. I check how it works.
Thank again,

IG