Re: [opensuse] TV Capture
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 11:45:03 -0700
Mark Misulich wrote:

thanks for the encouragement and direction of how to procede. Patience and persistence are the prerequisites for learning linux.

Or for learning mathematics, aikido, a musical instrument, or anything else worthwhile.

I have been able to get the mythtv packages installed via yast. The problem I had was getting it working. I ran afoul of things it said to do to get it setup, which I did, which it then didn't recognize I had done. I am sure your advice regarding the mythtv site will be helpful.

This sort of application could probably use some attention. It would be nice to have a suse pattern which would provide the ease of a mythbuntu as regards installation and setup, and the quality results of a hand tuned opensuse setup.

Joe