Re: [opensuse] The (lack of) Windows Vista-like windows switching effect for openSUSE 11.0 compiz-fusion
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 10:01:55 -0700
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All !

openSUSE 10.3 (compiz-fusion ccsm) and Windows Vista Aero Glass can
switch windows in 3D space in very nice way.

However, openSUSE 11.0 BETA1 (compiz-fusion ccsm) doesn't seem to have
this effect. Where is it gone?

I see the "Ring switcher" in ccsm, but no "Vista" switcher.

[begin rant mode]
Why must Linux emulate every lame trick Windows comes up with?

In my day job I use Vista and I find the vista switcher a useless piece
of Eye Candy which is ALWAYS slower than selecting the window from the
task bar.
[/rant]