Re: [opensuse] trouble with Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E graphics card
  • From: "Boris Epstein" <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:06:34 -0400
On 5/2/08, Ian Nendels <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Randall R Schulz schreef:

And it seems fine. However, the Nvidia driver for OpenSuSE 10.3, 32
bit (that's what we are trying to use it under) wouldn't pick it up
and on top of that lspci lists it as an "inknown Nvidia device" or
some such - in other words, it can't figure out the model number. I
think the two problems may be related.

I will let you know later this afternoon if this is a problem for the ASUS
card. Perhaps the XFX engineers did something funky in the board
identification circuitry or code. Or maybe the unit you got is just
defective.

I have an Asus Geforce 8600 GT PCI-E with 512MB DDR2 memory and it works
excellent,
no problems here with the Nvidia driver. nor with the 32bit and 64bit
driver.
running kernel 2.6.22.17-0.1-default

Ian

Thanks Ian. I take it lspci lists it properly too?

Boris.