[opensuse] trouble with Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E graphics card
  • From: "Boris Epstein" <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:35:45 -0400
Hello everyone,

Well, we've got this supposedly hot card (for full description see the
link below)

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Games/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A1350998

And it seems fine. However, the Nvidia driver for OpenSuSE 10.3, 32
bit (that's what we are trying to use it under) wouldn't pick it up
and on top of that lspci lists it as an "inknown Nvidia device" or
some such - in other words, it can't figure out the model number. I
think the two problems may be related.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Boris.