Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird RFE?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 15:32:39 +0200
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Can someone please direct me to a web address where I can make a
> > suggestion for a future version of Tbird as Google wasn't so friendly to
> > me this time.
> >

> Why would you write to Google? They don't develop Thunderbird.
> That's a mozilla project.

He didn't say he wrote to (or wanted to write to) google, he just said
google search engine not helpful.

He can go to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
and file a bug report with a priority of "enhancement"

I see that mozilla still has a thunderbird support page.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/bugs

But, they spun it off into is own company a while ago. (Mozilla
Messaging), so I assume the above is only for Thunderbird 2.0 and I
doubt 2.0 is getting many enhancements still?

Per http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/getinvolved/, Thunderbird
3.0 new features are being discussed at
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=30&sid=8810b1df9e076597a8061bffec814a35

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up forgetting about the improvement
I had thought about( must have been REAL important :) )

Looking at the MozillaMessaging website I jotted a small note to them
regarding a Bugzilla for Thunderbird and await their reply.

I ended up on the Bugzilla.mozilla.org page and added an RFE there for
Firefox.

Tnx
Hylton