Re: [opensuse] problem with SUSE
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 08:13:59 -0400
Ahmed Mahmoud wrote:
i installed SUSE on my laptop Fujitsu-Siemens ESPRIMO MOBILE V5535 ; IAM
FACING SOME PROBLEM ,iam using wired connection easy but i cant use the WiFi
connection coz the WIFI driver isnt installed , i downloaded the driver of
the WiFI driver but i cat install it ( i extracted;it but i dont know what
to do else ) ,( the model of My laptop is FujitsuSiemens ,Deriver name is
Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter files name after extraction 1)
BuildCaps.inc 2)INSTALL 3) Makefile. 4)Thanks 5)ath_hal 6)contrib 7)hal
8)kernerversion.c 9)patches 10)release.h 11)tools 12) COPYRIGHT 13)Makefile
14)README 15)Auth 16) auth_rate 17)docs 18)include 19)net80211

Hi,
here are a list of tutorials. The first hyperlink gives an overview of what is available.

http://www.suseforums.net/index.php?showtopic=22475

Here is a link to the method that I use to get my wireless working on the laptops that I own:

http://www.andrewd18.com/ndiswrapper/