Re: [opensuse] KDE4 and opensuse 11.0 [changed]
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 07:05:28 -0400
peter nikolic wrote:

[snip]

Now you know as well as i do Fred they WILL force it out and it will be something you have to activley say no to KDE3 will get sidelined althou it blows seven kinds of **** KDE4 , Certain people have an ajenda and there aint no shifting it KDE4 May be ready by the end of the year we will still get it forced on us before hand.

'Sure hope not! But, strange things have happened before.

I installed 11B1 on the laptop KDE4 worked once then never to be seen again KDE3 works perfectly 4 just gives a black screen no matter what and also there are no errors reported ANY WHERE ..

Yep......it's more alpha code than beta, IMHO. I know that KUbuntu had hoped to release 8.04 with KDE 4.0, but realized that it wasn't a smart idea. They do have a release with it, but it's NOT a complete release of 4.0 by any stretch of anyone's imagination. ;) It works...for the most part, but certainly can't be used on any production box anywhere.

Ready My Aunt Fanny as like .

Hehehehehe.......yep. ;)

Fred

--
MickySoft Aims to Lasso Everything With Live Mesh.
What will get "lassoed" is your private data as