Re: [opensuse] USB PC Camera install
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 23:22:47 +0700
On Thursday 01 May 2008, Mike McMullin wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 22:57 +0700, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Got a USB PC camera which I would like to use with Skype.
It was a cheapy and I found not very much on google about drivers to be
used. The camera, 0c45:613e microdia cam, should work with the sn9c102
driver, at least that is what the table of "USB device supported by
debian Kernel Modules" tells me. In this list I also find under the USB
id following lettersoup:
dz*dc*dsc*dp*icFFisc*ip*

There is no explanation towards this row of letters.
I assume that if Debian supports it in its kernel, Suse will have it too
but found no info on Google.
Attached the webcam to my Laptop, Pentium IIi with Suse 10.3 and KDE and
ran modprobe sn9c102. No protest from the system.
Lsusb -v gives no address or any info if the webcam is running.
What is the next step in order to see with the webcam. Seems that
no /dev/video is made. Something like QuickCam Messenger? or any other
program to have some camera exercise?

Try lsmod and look for sn9c102, I suspect that it is not loaded
properly.

Its there ;)

v412_common 20608 2 sn9c102, videodev