[opensuse] V2P vmware -->> physical
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:11:48 -0500
Anyone ever tried moving an installation from a virtual environment to
physical hardware?

I have successfully V2P'd windows with reasonable success -- but I'm
not sure how much of the "new hardware detect" on linux will happen
automagically, or if there is a way to force it to happen, or even if
the install would boot after the image is layed down.

Is there a recipe around somewhere that I could follow?

Peter

--
"What are you doing?"
"Spinning counter-clockwise