Re: [opensuse] Tom Tom One XL Europe ..
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:16:30 +0100
On Tuesday 08 April 2008, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
peter nikolic schreef:
On Monday 07 April 2008, Sam Clemens wrote:
peter nikolic wrote:
On Sunday 06 April 2008, Catimimi wrote:
peter nikolic a écrit :
Hi .

Has anyone managed to get a TomTom one XL to showup on the USB port

Pete

anyone fancy reverse engineering the MAC version ... :-)

Some time ago our company purchased a TomTom. In the documentation there
was a statement that anyone needing info about 'interoparability' needed
to contact them. So maybe there is no need the reverse engineer. I don't
know about the license though.
I believe (absolutely not certain !) the EU mandates this.
FWIW
--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong

Hi ..

Yes saw that bit and contacted them the results of whic is in the previous
mails they do claim to be working on an tomtom home type system for Linux
but unless they are reminded now and then it is the sort of thing that will
get shoved to the back burner the API is published but i am no programmer
and c / c++ fries whats left of the brain these days (too much time spent
runnig thru rally stages ) .. we will see what transpires give a few days
and i will prod them again ..

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)