Re: [opensuse] Novell Bugzilla - At it Again - Bugs Apparently Dismissed Without Sufficient Investigation
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:25:00 -0500
John Andersen wrote:
On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:08 AM, David C. Rankin
I'll take a look at the link, thanks. I suspect we haven't heard the
last of this issue.

try the single word "nohpet" (no quotes) on the boot prompt.
Supposedly imposes this option in most of the cases in which
it is needed, but I still have it hardcoded in my /boot/grub/menu.lst
for my core 2 duo.

Thanks John!

No difference however. I passed nohpet to the kernel last night and still received an mce: See the last (5:03 am) entry in:

http://www.3111skyline.com/download/lockup_x86-64/messages

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC