Re: [opensuse] Novell Bugzilla - At it Again - Bugs Apparently Dismissed Without Sufficient Investigation
  • From: Dave Howorth <dhoworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:10:06 +0100
David C. Rankin wrote:
I installed a
plain-jan pci-e ATI card running with the open source driver. Just as
with the nvidia 8600GT card (using the opensource "nv" driver), the
system still gives occasional MCEs. Just as with the 8600, the MCEs do
not have any affect on the system. If I wasn't logging them with mcelog,
I would never know they were occurring.

It sound like you now have a means of reproducing the problem with two
flavours of hardware and with only open-source software loaded. If
that's so, I'd suggest opening a new bugzilla and only mentioning those
configurations and logs. I would expect Novell to investigate that, but
if it doesn't affect your system I don't suppose it will be high priority !

Cheers, Dave