Re: [opensuse] Tom Tom One XL Europe ..
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:59:36 +0100
On Monday 07 April 2008, Sam Clemens wrote:
peter nikolic wrote:
On Sunday 06 April 2008, Catimimi wrote:
peter nikolic a écrit :
Hi .

Has anyone managed to get a TomTom one XL to showup on the USB port
under 10.3 i have just purchased one of these as they Run Linux inside
but i can not git it to show up at all , Ideas anyone

Pete .

Hello,

I just tried with my TomTom Go 910 with openSUSE 10.3. Works fine, the
TomTom asks if
I want to connect to the computer and I'm able to see my disk and its
contents.
Michel.

Properly written, porting from OSX to Linux should be trivial,
Especially compared to porting from Windows to OSX or vice-versa.

Keep on this:
It never hurts to apply pressure to the sales staff,
by mentioning that if they DID produce a Linux version, your
place of work might be much more likely to purchase TomTom
products for delivery vehicles or other uses.

In the workplace, I always play off Sun and HP against each
other when I don't see some support that I need in a product.
"Oh well... I guess in our next technology upgrade, we're going
to have to migrate these machines to <competitor>."

That always gets the sales staff buzzing....

Oh i intend to as you have stated above they distribute a MAC version so
these cant be that much between MAC and Linux no i got the bit between my
teth now .

I have just had another reply from them ..

just saying

"As I said there is no release date for any Linux compatible software. The
only comaptible systems are Mac and Windows. The only way that you are going
to be abble to update etc. is to use a computer with one of these systems
installed."

so watch this space ..

Pete

anyone fancy reverse engineering the MAC version ... :-)

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)