Re: [opensuse] Tom Tom One XL Europe ..
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 09:00:58 +0100
On Sunday 06 April 2008, Catimimi wrote:
peter nikolic a écrit :
Hi .

Has anyone managed to get a TomTom one XL to showup on the USB port under
10.3 i have just purchased one of these as they Run Linux inside but i
can not git it to show up at all , Ideas anyone

Pete .

Hello,

I just tried with my TomTom Go 910 with openSUSE 10.3. Works fine, the
TomTom asks if
I want to connect to the computer and I'm able to see my disk and its
contents.
Michel.

Hi ..
yes i can see it as a storage device ok but it is things like the various
updates from the tomtom site that are done via the tomtom home system that i
want to get going , I have been in contact with TomTom they "say" they
have a Linux version of TomTom Home in the pipeline i will believe it when i
see it have maileds them again today so will wait and see what transpires .

Considering that they actually use Linux in the device it should not bee too
difficult and they also have an MAC version for OSX10.xxx then a linux
version shouldbe easy meat , I believe it to be more of a political thing
as normal that a difficulty in writing the software ..

Pete .

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)