Re: [opensuse] USB at startup with grub?
  • From: "Boris Epstein" <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:51:18 -0400
On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Constant Brouerius van Nidek
<constant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Working with an older computer I was wondering if I could use grub to
start an disk drive connected to usb. My bios does not give me the
possibility to use usb as startup disk. I am running 10.3 on that
machine.
I started to ask this question by mistake on the off topick list and got
following answers:
---You need the scsi and usb modules in the boot image.
---You'll have to hand-build, so to speak, a boot-up vmlinuz.gz file

Can somebody help me further?

You should be bale to boot off of that USB drive, but your MBR (Master
Boot Record) will have to reside on a drive your BIOS can read (IDE 0,
most likely).