Re: [opensuse] USB at startup with grub?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 17:31:54 +0100
On Saturday 05 April 2008 18:26:43 Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Working with an older computer I was wondering if I could use grub to
start an disk drive connected to usb. My bios does not give me the
possibility to use usb as startup disk. I am running 10.3 on that
machine.
I started to ask this question by mistake on the off topick list and got
following answers:
---You need the scsi and usb modules in the boot image.
---You'll have to hand-build, so to speak, a boot-up vmlinuz.gz file

Can somebody help me further?

grub can only read through the bios, so if the bios doesn't present you with
the possibility to boot from usb, it probably means it can't read from it,
and then grub won't be able to boot from it either

Anders
--
Madness takes its toll