Re: [opensuse] Help with help
  • From: Ed McCanless <e_mccanless@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 12:17:19 -0400
Carlos E. R. wrote:

My help system does not work at all. It has never worked, but now,
after I installed kde4 besides kde3 it is worse: some kde3 apps are
overridden by the kde4 app, like konqueror or kwrite.

If in konqueror (kde4 version) I type "help:kwrite" I get:

] The requested help file could not be parsed:
] /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en//kwrite/index.docbook

If I type "help:kbabel" I get:

] There is no documentation available for /kbabel.

The help files for kde4 (kwrite is version 4) are under
/usr/share/doc..., all in docbook format, and konqueror is unable to
open them.
I only have 8 dir's in /usr/share/doc.... Everything KDE seems to be
missing.
The help files for kde3 (kbabel is version 3) are under
/opt/kde3/share/doc..., all in docbook format, and konqueror is unable
to find them.
<snip>

I have nothing in /opt/kde3/share/doc..., but empty dir's and Display
Manager for KDE 3.4

I am using Suse 10.3 64 bit, have never installed KDE 4.
Mine is still KDE 3.5.7 Release 72.6

-ED-