Re: [opensuse] Looking for OpenSuse equivalent of Dag's mrepo
  • From: fifty.63@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 21:18:47 -0400 (EDT)

----- "Benji Weber" <benji@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why not simply rsync the original repositories onto the local
network?
Do you need some other function?

I had wanted to avoid pulling down RPMs for arch types that I don't need. So I
would end up with a sub set of the RPMs referenced in the metadata. I was not
sure if that would cause issues so I wanted to find out how to go about
re-generating metadata for the ones I do pull down. I understand from previous
posts in this thread that Yast will be fine if I just use
wget,rsync,tool-of-my-choice to sync the RPMS then run createrepo on the
directory.

-djv