[opensuse] nvidia drivers on thinkpad t61
  • From: "Sergey Mkrtchyan" <physwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 20:27:54 -0400
Hi List!

I've installed 10.3 on my thinkpad t61 with nvidia quatro nvs, and the
display looks really weird. So I'm trying to install nvidia drivers
from the opensuse website.

I've looked there and it seems that nvidia quatro nvs is the "nvidia
legacy" video card, so I installed via one click the drivers for
legacy cards (the yellow button) but I'm still confused how to make it
work. Installation went fine, I ran from root sax2 -r but then nothing
happened. If I go to sax2 and try to configure the resolution and
colors it says that everything is fine and changes will take effect
next time I reboot X which I did, but it is still the same...

Do you have any idea what's wrong with it? Do I need to install also
the "green button" ;-) ?

Thanks,
Sergey