Re: [opensuse] No wired or Wireless :(
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 01:01:57 +0200
On Saturday 05 April 2008 00:51:25 Brandon Bowlby wrote:
-The odd thing to me is that is sees the device in System config but not in
Yast.

System config just reads the PCI IDs from the devices, it doesn't mean that
the system has support for it, just that the PCI ID list has been updated to
include it

-Downloaded and installing the driver that Marvell has on their site, but
the driver installation fails.

Can you post a URL to the driver? Someone here might be able to make it work

-I downloaded distro 11 alpha and it sees it and I get connectivity but I
did not do any further tests.

So I guess support for it is very new in linux, but at least you know it will
be in the new version in June

Anders