[opensuse] No wired or Wireless :(
I just switched from Fedora 8 to SUSE and am really impressed with how
developed it is and would like to upgrade from vista on my work laptop.
Everything installs correctly except for my NIC which is a Marvell Yukon
88E8040 PCE-E Fast Ethernet Controller. I was expecting the wireless not to
work which is not a big issue but not having wired is. The steps I have
taken so far to no avail are:
-Manually add is through the Yast2 manager and associated it with SKY2
driver.
-Downloaded and installing the driver that Marvell has on their site, but
the driver installation fails.
-I downloaded distro 11 alpha and it sees it and I get connectivity but I
did not do any further tests.
-The odd thing to me is that is sees the device in System config but not in
Yast.
Am definitely not the Linux expert I have more experience with Astrix which
is similar but not quite so any help would be very much appreciated because
I would absolute love to make SUSE my main OS