Re: [opensuse] Looking for OpenSuse equivalent of Dag's mrepo
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 23:42:14 +0100
On Saturday 05 April 2008 00:35:09 fifty.63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
----- "Ben Kevan" <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can install yum and use it on openSUSE. I currently do.

Ben, thanks for the rapid response. I must have muddied the waters a little
with my question. I was not really asking about the client side of the
equation. I am interested in info on setting up a local repository of
OpenSUSE updates and such. I am already doing fine exploring the various
ways to consume repositories on an OpenSUSE system. I have played around
with yum, zypper, and 'yast2 sw_single' (a wrapper for zypper?).

I am looking for a tool or script that can automate the process of pulling
down packages from the repositories I use and then generating whatever
metadata is required to provide a usable local repository for yast.
Apologies if I am still not being clear.

YaST can handle a plain directory of rpms, it doesn't need any metadata, so if
that's all you're looking for, wget will work

YaST can also work with yum repositories (in fact, that is what standard YaST
repos are), so any tools you used to work with will still work

You also have a package called createrepo, which contains tools for turning a
directory of rpms into a repository

Anders
--
Madness takes its toll