Re: [opensuse] Novell Bugzilla - At it Again - Bugs Apparently Dismissed Without Sufficient Investigation
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:15:45 -0500
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The report has some points not clear.

For one thing, if the problem occurs _only_ when the nvidia driver loaded, the one made by nvidia, then you will have a very hard time convincing anyone to even look at it. It is closed source! The kernel puts a message saying "Tainted!", and developers will not touch it as if it were leprous.

They have their reasons and I wont argue them, nor who is to blame, but it is a sad situation for users, who certainly are not to be blamed. This is like a city transport strike: they go against the management, but it is the users who suffer it.

Carlos,

If they had given that answer I would be 100% happy with it. The problem I have with the response I received is that it smelled very much like a George Bush justification for closing the bug. You know the type, an explanation that just can't be trusted.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC