Re: [opensuse] World-largest Linux Migration Project
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 02:44:31 -0400
Ciro Iriarte wrote:
2008/4/3, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:05 AM, Neil <hok.krat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Micro$oft will not change their defaults, whether the users think
> another program is better or not. They will continue enforcing their
> software. That's the major difference

Was true. Is not anymore.
You can now select defaults for all the major end-user software, from
browsers, to word processing, photo editing, emil, spreadsheets, etc,
etc, etc.

They had to do this by court order, and they have done it fairly well.
You still have to use the windows interface, not much in the way of
alternatives like Gnome,KDE, Fce4 as you have in lynux and bsd.

Maybe that's not too far away, some time ago I read about "Windows
without Windows" :D

http://www.reactos.org/