Re: [opensuse] How to connect Firefox 3 beta to existing plugins
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:12:32 -0700
Kai Ponte wrote:
On Thursday 03 April 2008 10:40:12 am Sloan wrote:

In any case, you have 2 other options on the plugins. I did it the old
school way:

cd /usr/local/firefox
ln -s /usr/lib/browser-plugins/*

Tried that.

Failed.

Well yeah, you have to change "/usr/local/firefox" to the path where your firefox beta lives. But what failed exactly? error message? no such file or directory? permission denied? inquiring minds want to know...

or, you could just use the firefox package from build service and let
the system handle the details.

didn't find one, but I got it working with the shell script...

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla:/beta/openSUSE_10.3/

works for me!

Joe