Re: [opensuse] Are src.rpm packages installable?
  • From: ne... <guhvies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 14:14:51 +0100
2008/4/3 Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
I checked my directories in /usr/src/packages/ and found that
SOURCES has several files. These files are not only source
tar.gz files but text files too. How could they get there? Simple
compilation (make;make install) could cause that? Or rpmbuild
--rebuild might have put them there?
As you said they are text files, you should check the contents of them.
They could be patches to the tarbols. There is a BUILD directory that
is used to build the rpm. All 'build' files go there.

ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.