Re: [opensuse] Zypper Dup Failed : unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic
  • From: Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:38:38 +0200
Masim "Vavai" Sugianto wrote:
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Dave Plater <davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You need to upgrade to factory rpm-4.4.2-182.i586.rpm or above.
zypper in rpm before the zypper dup. I've filed a bug report already about
incorrect dependencies. They have changed the rpm compression format.
Dave

Try zypper in rpm as suggested but having another problem :

vavai # zypper in rpm
Reading installed packages...

The following package is going to be upgraded:
rpm

The following NEW package is going to be installed:
perl-base

The following package is going to be REMOVED:
rpm

Overall download size: 2.6 M. After the operation, additional 729.0 K
will be used.
Continue? [YES/no]: y
Downloading package perl-base-5.10.0-24.i586, 1.2 M (4.0 M unpacked)
* Downloading: perl-base-5.10.0-24.i586.rpm [done]
Problem downloading the package file from the repository:
Can't provide ./i586/perl-base-5.10.0-24.i586.rpm : Media Exception
Please see the above error message for a hint.

is this the problem related to my online access (I have no problem
with internet connection) or is there any problem with my installation
source ?

Here is my installation source :

# zypper lr
# | Enabled | Refresh | Type | Alias | Name
1 | Yes | No | yast2 | non-oss | non-oss
2 | Yes | No | rpm-md | fact | fact
3 | Yes | No | yast2 | oss | oss

* fact = factory installation source

Hi try zypper ref and then attempt to update rpm in yast. I've experienced that problem once before but I can't remember what caused it. Yast will give more specific information on the failure and sometimes just clicking retry will help.
Dave