Re: [opensuse] Does SUSE support Postfix PCRE tables?
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:00:48 -0600
Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster wrote:

very strange, it seems to load fine.

open("/etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf", O_RDONLY) = 3

Could you please post the content of dynamicmaps.cf?
I suspect, Postfix was splitted in several packages to include map types without recompiling. You should find several postfix-packages like postfix-mysql and postfix-pgsql etc.

I only remembered, when I saw the strace call. You should find several postfix-*.rpm on your install cds that provide these packages. Please check in yast -> add/remove software for more postmap-* packages.

This is what I have:

fs2:/etc/postfix # ll dynamic*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2006-10-31 09:28 dynamicmaps
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 2006-10-31 09:29 dynamicmaps.cf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 12288 2006-10-31 09:29 dynamicmaps.db

Files are empty. I haven't touched any of these files.

Well, something SHOULD have touched these files to include PCRE. Though something did touch the file and probably thought it is a hash database that needs to be postmapped. (^-^)

/etc/postfix/dynamicmaps.cf:
# Postfix dynamic maps configuration file.
#
# The first match found is the one that is used.
# Wildcards are not supported.
#
#type location of .so file open function (mkmap func)
pcre /usr/lib/postfix/dict_pcre.so dict_pcre_open

IIRC, you had an error message somewhere in the thread that said the same?

There are no other postfix rpm packages. There is only one.

This is what I see often in my logs:
Apr 1 22:26:25 fs2 postfix/postmap[23703]: fatal: dict_open: unsupported dictionary type: pcre: Is the postfix-pcre package installed?

What should be in that dynamicmaps.cf? If I back up what I have and try entering the data manually into the cf file (and then re-postmap it), maybe it would work? Is it worth a try?