Re: [opensuse] World-largest Linux Migration Project
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:01:35 -0500
On Wednesday 02 April 2008 11:35:40 am Joe Sloan wrote:
Oh, I know netware was a rock solid OS, I was just being flip, and also
rather impressed that this particular tired old server is still ticking.

A few years back, the uptime on the linux boxes used to wrap around at
497 days, which startled me on at least one occasion, so it's good to
see the uptime counter still intact nearing 1100 days - but yes, I've
heard tales of the netware server walled off in a closet running for
years after the fact.
Joe

Now back to Earth.

Is it possible that for server relevant kernel updates are coming so seldom?

--
Regards, Rajko
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.