Re: [opensuse] How to update packages SuSe Enterprise Linux
  • From: Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:41:12 -0700
Denis wrote:
Hi dears.

Do suse have any official repository for updated packages?

I would like to update my java that is installed on 1.4.2 version. But
I didn't find any packaged version trought out google, rpmfind,
pbone.net

You want to update it from 1.4.2, or to 1.4.2?

My architecture is IA64.

Could somebody give me general directions on updating packages on a
SELS based system?

Which version? 9 or 10?

I am used to debian, then there I just have to use aptitude update/install

With SLES you've got yast, and you've got the quarterly update CDs.The thing is, though,you won't have the same level of community software development as in opensuse, or the availability of repositories. You're best bet is to go to Novell with such questions. The server is under support contract, right?

Joe