Re: [opensuse] problem with interface to LCD projector on thinkpad t42
  • From: "K.R. Foley" <kr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 07:38:38 -0500
Dirk Petry wrote:
Hi,
I have a Thinkpad T42 running dual-boot opensuse 10.3 and win xp.
When I boot unter xp, I have no problems with connecting an lcd
projector to the auxiliary monitor interface and getting a good
image.
When I boot under linux with the projector already connected,
there is no problem either.
But when I boot under linux without the projector connected
and then connect it later while the machine is already running,
I get a strangely oscillating display on the projector as if the
frequency is not correctly adjusted.

Has anyone seen the same or any suggestions for a solution?

The graphics card is an ati radeon 7500.

Just a thought, some projectors have problems doing higher resolutions than 1024X768. Is the resolution different on the laptop when it boots with the projector connected versus not?

--
kr