Re: [opensuse] YaST System Backup hangs
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:34:34 +0200
Fabio Serra napsal(a):
I'm using the opensuse 10.3 in a small intranet server and I'm trying to
backup data with Yast (yast2 backup).
Unfortunately, when it arrives at "Create package archive 56%" it hangs.
Do you know where I can find the log to understand what's happened?
If Yast doesn't work which kind of simple backup tool do you suggest?

Hi,

First of all, I'd check the end of /var/log/YaST2/y2log file. See
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.0/faq.html#faq_howto_log to
find out how to read logs.

Then you might use `ps aux` of `pstree` to check which processes were
started by YaST Backup. Then you could `strace -p $pid_of_the_process`
to find out what those processes are currently doing.

I know, it doesn't sound very useful, but at least some hints...

Lukas

--

Lukas Ocilka, YaST Developer (xn--luk-gla45d)
Ano, ano. Moudry rozkaz. Sam jsem nemel v tech gratulacich jasno.

  • No further messages