Re: [opensuse] Xorg changing screen size and SaX2
  • From: Bruce Samhaber <bsamhaber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:05:28 -0400
Wendell,

I finally see the numeric keypad is built-in to the regular keypad.

Qwerty Keys Numeric Keypad Key
7 8 9 0 7 8 9 /
U I O P 4 5 6 *
J K L : 1 2 3 -
M < > ? 0 . +

To enable the numeric Keypad > Hold the 'SHIFT' key and press the
'NumLk/ScrLk' keys.

All the above works just fine under Windows XP - SP2 that came with the
machine. The NumLock light also turns ON.

However, under SuSE 10.1 I only get the / * - + keys when I enable the
"NumLk" . The NumLock light does not turn on.

This is enough to be able to scroll through the screen modes.
However, it would be really nice to have the numeric keypad working.
I think there is a software translation happening that is broken.

Thanks,