Re: [opensuse] KRFB fails handling RDP connections
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:46:26 -0700
On Tuesday 01 April 2008 08:08:12 pm Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster
wrote:
This is a weird one...

I have two workstations running openSUSE 10.3 (x86_64). I have added a
few repositories (i.e. Packman) but nothing unusual or out of the
ordinary. Both are x86_64 - one is a laptop (Core 2 Duo) and one is a
desktop (EM64T single core).

Suddenly, KRDC won't do RDP connections (on either). I didn't change
anything (at least I don't remember changing anything). It'll do VNC
just fine. The RDP gets past the preferences setting and then just hangs
(just before the actual screen opens).

Now, what's funny is that I can "rdesktop hostname" and it works fine. I
just can't get to it via KRDC.

What really sucks is that I use the KIO slave from the "run" box... so
it's been an adjustment to do this the other way.

I've reloaded the RPM containing krdc, but to no avail.

rpm -qa | grep krdc

ALso any error that you are getting. Is krdc crashing? Can you run from
command line and see what happens when it fails.

also output of:

rpm -qa | grep qt

THanks