Re: [opensuse] World-largest Linux Migration Project
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:45:04 -0700
On Tuesday 01 April 2008 11:57:26 am Oddball wrote:

For a project of this size I find it odd they chose Red Hat (or IBM
for that matter).

You would almost think they would chosen ALT or started their own
distro for a project of this size. An why hire IBM? The Russian
linux community is well regarded, and probably at least as well versed
as IBM.

After that big inventment IBM made in SuSE/Novell, its odd they didn't
push SLED.

That's because Novell marketing sucks.

(That comes from a friend who attended brainshare and berated the marketing
group directly.)

Maybe they did not want M$? (sick joke..)

Dunno.

I find it odd the news was released on April 1.

Even my friends in Germany were sending me April Fool's Jokes.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com