Re: [opensuse] Does SUSE support Postfix PCRE tables?
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:42:21 -0600
Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster wrote:
Hey there,

I'm looking for some help with my Postfix installation on my SUSE machine.

Now, before I get too far, I want to say that this is SLES (v10 SP1), not openSUSE. I don't have paid support on the product (only updates - can't afford anything more right now). I have already posted on the Postfix mailing list, the Novell forums and LQ.org. They've all pointed me here. If posting here is inappropriate, let me know.

I have a Postfix + Cyrus + Amavis + SpamAssassin + ClamAV setup. It works really well, except that I'm unable to tune my mime_checks and body_checks like I want because Postfix is retorting that it doesn't support PCRE.

In other words, I do 'postconf -m' and pcre isn't in that list. Regexp (POSIX regular expressions) is, but that doesn't help me. PCRE is preferred (not only by me, but by the Postfix community).

I have verified I have PCRE installed (Yast shows they're there anyway). I also checked the SLES Postfix rpm. Under the "Provides:" section it shows "dict_pcre.so()(64bit)". So I'm a bit confused.

If the openSUSE and SLES are similar enough (which I'm hoping they are), maybe there is a SUSE-related issue that is preventing Postfix from offering perl compatible regular expressions.

That's odd, mime_header_checks works fine on my servers, either the pcre or regexp variety, on boxes running opensuse 10.x, SLES 9 and SLES 10.

Are you running the package that shipped with SLES? ISTR that worked just fine, but on most of my servers I've built postfix 2.4.5 from the 10.3 source rpms, since it has some cool new features.

Is there anything customized about your postfix install? Feel free to send us the output of postfinger for analysis (you might want to sanitize any confidential company info first)

Joe

I'm using the RPMs that came with SLES. The only custom compiling I've done is with ProFTPd, which didn't seem to ship with SLES (which I find mighty odd).

This is my postconf -n output:

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
always_bcc = archives@xxxxxxxxxxx
body_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/body_filter
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
defer_transports =
disable_dns_lookups = no
disable_vrfy_command = yes
header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_filter
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/html
inet_interfaces = all
local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/users
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
mailbox_command =
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailbox_transport =
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
masquerade_exceptions = root
message_size_limit = 26214400
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_filter
mydestination = $myorigin
myhostname = mail.domain1.com
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::1]/128
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
relay_domains =
relayhost = mail.etv.net
relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/samples
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
setgid_group = maildrop
smtp_enforce_tls = no
smtp_helo_name = mail.domain1.com
smtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access, permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, reject_rbl_client combined.njabl.org, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, permit
smtpd_data_restrictions = reject_unauth_pipelining, permit
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 10
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/overquota, permit_auth_destination, permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_access, reject_unauth_destination, reject
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_access, reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_non_fqdn_sender, reject_unlisted_sender, permit
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 60
smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/mail/tls/ca-cert.pem
smtpd_tls_CApath = /etc/mail/tls
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/mail/tls/smtpd.crt
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/mail/tls/smtpd.key
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_use_tls = yes
soft_bounce = no
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/forwards
virtual_mailbox_domains = domain1.com domain2.com domain3.com somename.name
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/users
virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp