[opensuse] Does SUSE support Postfix PCRE tables?
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 18:33:39 -0600
Hey there,

I'm looking for some help with my Postfix installation on my SUSE machine.

Now, before I get too far, I want to say that this is SLES (v10 SP1), not openSUSE. I don't have paid support on the product (only updates - can't afford anything more right now). I have already posted on the Postfix mailing list, the Novell forums and LQ.org. They've all pointed me here. If posting here is inappropriate, let me know.

I have a Postfix + Cyrus + Amavis + SpamAssassin + ClamAV setup. It works really well, except that I'm unable to tune my mime_checks and body_checks like I want because Postfix is retorting that it doesn't support PCRE.

In other words, I do 'postconf -m' and pcre isn't in that list. Regexp (POSIX regular expressions) is, but that doesn't help me. PCRE is preferred (not only by me, but by the Postfix community).

I have verified I have PCRE installed (Yast shows they're there anyway). I also checked the SLES Postfix rpm. Under the "Provides:" section it shows "dict_pcre.so()(64bit)". So I'm a bit confused.

If the openSUSE and SLES are similar enough (which I'm hoping they are), maybe there is a SUSE-related issue that is preventing Postfix from offering perl compatible regular expressions.

What do you think?

--
Jason Bailey, Web/IT Administrator
Sun Advocate / Emery County Progress