Re: Fwd: [opensuse] Sharing folders with Samba
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:17:23 -0500
From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Sharing folders with Samba
To: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Both directories can be read by others.
However, after double checking the configurations of both directories
in samba server, now both directories are not accessible from Windows.
I am not sure, but I think that this issue is related to Samba server
configuration. I have already deleted in samba configuration any other
folders shared by default by samba.

Do you have the "x" execute bit set? Remember in samba the "x" gives descend into directory permission. Make sure you "chmod 0755 dirname" or at least "chmod 0750 dirname" on the directory you can't see and I'll bet you can see it then.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC