Re: Fwd: [opensuse] Sharing folders with Samba
  • From: "Jack Malone" <JMalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 08:25:12 -0600

"Bogdan Cristea" <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx> 4/1/2008 6:39 AM >>>
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Sharing folders with Samba
To: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Both directories can be read by others.
However, after double checking the configurations of both directories
in samba server, now both directories are not accessible from Windows.
I am not sure, but I think that this issue is related to Samba server
configuration. I have already deleted in samba configuration any other
folders shared by default by samba.

You might look at the firewall setting. Turn off the firewall in yast an see
if they are seen. If they are then its the firewall not letting them get out.
yast should let you configure the firewall to allow samba services to be seen
on the network.

jack