Fwd: [opensuse] Sharing folders with Samba
  • From: "Bogdan Cristea" <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 14:39:02 +0300
From: Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse] Sharing folders with Samba
To: Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Both directories can be read by others.
However, after double checking the configurations of both directories
in samba server, now both directories are not accessible from Windows.
I am not sure, but I think that this issue is related to Samba server
configuration. I have already deleted in samba configuration any other
folders shared by default by samba.

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Jerry Houston <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Bogdan Cristea wrote:
> I have setup on my openSuSE 10.3 box a Samba server. Two folders from
> my home folder are shared, but only one folder is accessible from a
> WinXP box. The other folder is visible, but I cannot enter in. The
> error message is:
>
> \\bogdan\fax is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
> this network resource.
>

> However, both folders were shared using the same options. Do you have
> some suggestions how to solve this issue?

How about permissions on the directory on the Linux machine? Will they
allow access to a Windows user?

--
Bogdan Cristea

--